Monday 2 July 2018

June 2018 Wrap up


Here is my wrap up for June 2018: two great novels, two disappointing ones, some pleasant reads.

Click on the titles for the full mini review


Frammentario, interessante all'inizio e basta, molto etilico.
Rating:  6 out of 10

Greatest hits - L. Barnett
Absolutely loved it, sublime writing style, made me cry.
Rating:  10 out of 10

Manhattan Beach - J. Egan
Not for me I am afraid, I gave up after the first 30 pages...
Rating: Abandoned

The heart's invisible furies - J. Boyne
Starts really well, then tedious.
Rating: Abandoned

La vita fino a te - M. Bussola
Una serie di anedotti su amore e varie. Piacevole ma dimentichevole.
Rating:  6 out of 10

The wife - M. Wolitzer
A profund inside of women in the publishing world in the 60s and 70s. Great prose.
Rating:  7 out of 10

I liked my life - A. Fabiaschi
A touching, deep novel about family relationships. Great read.
Rating;  8 out of 10

Da soli - C. Comencini
Coppie che scoppiano a tarda eta', tradimenti, ritrovamenti, un libro breve ma intenso.
Rating:  7,5 out of 10

Love after love - A. Hourston
The story of a family, of two lovers, of a professional woman. Gripping but quite sad.
Rating:  6,5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment