Thursday 31 August 2017

August 2017 Wrap up


Ouch, what a disappointing August in terms of novels... Of the seven books I read this month, one I loved, two were pleasant enough but the other four, absolutely forgettable, to the point I just abandoned some of them, not wanting to waste time! Here we go:

The forty rules of love - E. Shafak
Just not for me, too slow and boring.
Rating: Abandoned

The Whistler - J. Grisham
I loved the first books by Grisham but lately I just cannot appreciate his novels anymore.
Rating: Abandoned

Truly, madly, guilty - L. Moriarty
A pleasant, thrilling read but could have been much shorter in the first half.
Rating:  6,5 out of 10

The Roanoke girls - A. Engel
A shocking must read, very original in its plot, very good indeed.
Rating:  8 out of 10

Le notti blu - C. Marchielli
Non mi ha proprio colpita, trama gia' letta ed esecuzione insomma.
Rating:  5 out of 10

Z A Novel of Zelda - T. A. Fowler
I was so looking forward to this book..Unfortunately it didn't grip me as I though it would... 
Rating:  5 out of 10

The book of unknown Americans - C. Henriquez
An interesting novel about emigration, very sad though.
Rating:  6,5 out of 10

Three Martini lunch - S. Rindell
NY City, the 50s, publishing world, all I love is there, but I did not love it, I would have skipped whole chapters and just kept the ones with the main female character in.
Rating:  6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment