Tuesday 27 June 2017

Midyear 2017 Wrap up - The best books so far!

So we are mid year already and it is time to wrap up the 5 best novels read this year so far.
On reflection my favourite books so far are all about friendship and simple life, they are quite sad and yet full of hopefulness.

(Click on titles for full reviews)




A really good, good book, the confirmation of my love for Kent Haruf's writing style and contents. A book which is tragic and sad and quite dark, and yet leaves with a sentiment of hope and good values.
It is an 8.5 out of 10 for me.
A novel that got me completely identify with a character that is anywhere similar to me! a highly emotional read.
A big 10 out of 10 from me.







A story of friendship and of simple life and simple values, written beautifully, with great characters and a stunning setting. Absolutely loved it.
It deserves a 9 out of 10 from me.




A novel that covers several years and several characters interlinked in a story about marriage, parenthood and life. Superb writing style, a must read.
It is an 8.5 out of 10 for me





I love Strout and I loved these stories set in Illinois. Simple lives, struggling, sadness but a lot of hope too. A must read.
It is a 9 out of 10 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment