Monday 24 December 2018

Book Review: One day in December - J. Silver


Everybody is talking about this book on social medias so I had high expectations about it.
I really struggled with the first part of the novel, I just couldn't see where it was going and it was all a bit slow for me. I enjoyed the second part though, it is a pleasant romantic comedy, I can really see it on the big screens as if the story actually belongs more on TV than in a book.
I wouldn't say it is an original plot, it reminded me of other novels where the two main characters fall in love but never manage to be together until the very end. I don't think i got the whole picture of Laurie, known the true her throughout the novel and this is why I am giving it an average rating. I was not as engrossed and whisked away by the romanticism of the story as it happened with other books.

Overall rating:  6,5    Plot: 6,5   Writing style: 6,5   Cover:  7


Title: One day in December
Author: Josie Silver
Publisher: Penguin
Pages: 432
Publication year: 2018

The Plot
Laurie is pretty sure love at first sight doesn't exist. After all, life isn't a scene from the movies, is it? But then, through a misted-up bus window one snowy December day, she sees a man she knows instantly is the one. Their eyes meet, there's a moment of pure magic...and then her bus drives away. Laurie thinks she'll never see the boy from the bus again. But at their Christmas party a year later, her best friend Sarah introduces her to the new love of her life. Who is, of course, the boy from the bus. Determined to let him go, Laurie gets on with her life. But what if fate has other plans?
The Author:
Josie Silver is an unashamed romantic who met her husband when she stepped on his foot on his twenty-first birthday. She lives with him, her two young sons, and their cats in a little town in England called Wolverhampton.

No comments:

Post a Comment